What’s Up Wednesday 

Today I’m linking up with one of my favorite bloggers: Mixandmatchmama!
She does this every once in awhile and it’s super fun to read so I am linking up too. 

So here’s what’s up!


What we’re eating...

This is SO good! It's not overwhelmingly pumpkin-spice-y. But my favorite part is that it uses Biscoff Cookie Butter rather than peanut butter. Eversyn is pretty allergic to most nuts, and I think it would be a crime to deprive her from the deliciousness that is puppy chow... so when I saw this blogger uses cookie butter, I thought it was pure genius!


It's soup season!! I got this recipe for potato soup from a friend and it COULD NOT be easier:

Set your crock pot to low.
Add one can of cream of chicken soup, one big box of broth (I used chicken broth) and a bag of frozen potatoes (I used Ore Ida cubed potatoes). Let it go for about 5 hours. Add one brick of room temperature cream cheese and whisk it in.
THAT'S IT! 

Now, I can't leave well enough alone, so I added in a whole sautéed onion and garlic initially. I also added in a quick roux at the end (just melt two tablespoons of butter, then add 2 tablespoons of flour. Whisk like crazy until it comes together in a paste, about 2 minutes. Then I just added a spash or two of whole milk--still whisking away--and added it to the soup when I added the cream cheese) 

FRIENDS. To die for. It's officially in the regular rotation. 


What I’m reminiscing about...



Sigh. My maternity leave. I miss it already and the early morning Target runs, piling all these guys in a cart and having no deadline and strolling through a pretty empty store. 

I love that, as a teacher, I DO get alot of time off...but it will never compare to all the time we just had together. 


What I’m loving... 


All things fall! This tree is in my neighborhood and I finally pulled over today to take a picture. It is so vibrant!


Also just watching these guys grow and play together. 


What we’ve been up to...


More fall stuff!
Is it even a baby’s first Halloween if you DON’T put her in a pumpkin?! *this pumpkin was cleaned and lined with a towel, but little Lennon was still cold..so we didn’t bother trying to stuff her feet through the holes. 

Oh my heart! Big smiles and matching jammies!

What I’m dreading...
Nothing really! Bring on the holidays!

What I’m working on...
Gearing up for Christmas shopping. The house is pretty organized at the moment!

What I’m excited about...


HALLOWEEN!
 Eversyn chose Moana and Alden is going as a bat. We had a costume party a few weeks ago where they got to test drive their costumes. 
Lennon will be Cinderella and stay home to pass out candy 👻

What I’m watching/reading...


I’ve been a Walking Dead fan since it started. I’m so sad to see Rick go next week! Honestly though, I’m not thrilled with the direction of the show. This season feels rushed and just off. I’ll stick with it, if course but I might call it quits after this one.


I’ve also been reading the Harry Potter series for approximately one thousand years. I’m on book three right now! ⚡️




What I’m listening to...



Omg this is dorky. But if you watch my Instagram stories, you know I reference John Mayer’s stories often. He is HILARIOUS. Well, he started doing a “show” live on Sunday nights. I just love listening to him talk. It’s not like a “crush” situation, either!! He is just so witty and clever. 


What I’m wearing...



Halloween stuff! It’s really too bad you can’t wear holiday stuff more often. I love it for me and the kids!

What I’m doing this weekend...





Hanging out with these two cute girls! 

What I’m looking forward to next month...

Thanksgiving!! We host every year and I love everything about that. Especially the smells from the kitchen 🤤
Also all things holiday!
And turning 32! 🙀


What else is new?
Just adjusting to this newish working mom life.
I’m thinking about posting a little bit about how I’m coping with that (spoiler alert: not well!)

That was fun! 
Like I said, I love Mix and Match Mama. She posts EVERY day and has awesome recipes, skin and makeup ideas/advice and a gorgeous home and family. Check her out!

No comments