Mama and Me Day

Happy October 3rd! I hope everyone wore pink and wrote in their Burn Book accordingly. #ifyoudontgetthatyoucantsitwithme #exceptyoucanbecauseimnotintoexclusion


So, I have a mere 2 and a half weeks before my maternity leave is over and I have to leave my pretend Stay at Home Mom World. I have a lot of feelings about going back to work...but I am not here to bum anyone out tonight. 

Anyway, I wanted to make sure Eversyn and I had a special mama and me day before I went back. She has been SUCH a trooper since Lennon was born. Almost anytime I ask her to do something, she does it. Find a pacifier? Done. Let the dog out? No prob. OF COURSE, Every once in awhile she will tell me, “mom, I’m too busy right now,” (which, 🤣) or “I’m too tired.” But really, for four, she’s quite helpful. I wanted to reward that!


So we started off with something I’d been putting off: getting a haircut. One of my sister and I’s oldest friends is a hair stylist, so of course she is the one keeping us looking #freshtodeath.


She just looks so big here!

Her hair was so long, she had to stand to cut it! #okrapunzel

Next stop...


Halloween store! Today we were just looking. Dude... she changes her mind every 30 seconds on what she wants to be. HOW am I going to buy a costume? What’s the algorithm here?! So far, she has wanted to be Sunny Day, Moana, and now Tiana. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We will see...


After that... she wanted to go to an indoor play place. Evie recently discovered Blippi (he’s a YouTube guy. Advice: don’t check him out with a kid around unless you want them hooked on yet another YouTuber. This whole YouTube celebrity stuff really weirds me out... but that could be for another post...) Anyway. Blippi is always at awesome, indoor play places (think the Discovery Zone of the now) and we don’t have really any of those locally. Fun Flatables was all I could come up with!

However, she did not mind and absolutely LOVED it.


Selfie in the bounce house.


We basically had the place to ourselves 💕


After that I was starved and she totally needed some refueling...

Obviously we needed pumpkin cookies. Oh yeah, and there’s all her grilled cheese crust. Pre-kids, I SWORE my kids would eat their crust. #nope

And we chatted about what we thought the babies were doing and why some people like to eat outside. I love 4.

Last errand miiiight have been just for me. But I do think she enjoyed herself. 


And then we called it a day.


Of course, as I type, I am laying on her bedroom floor trying to get her to sleep. Not sure how/why the stars aligned this way, but she was the sassiest lady before bed tonight. Sigh. Clearly, we are battling sleep if I can compose an entire and lengthy blog post! 


Take the good with the bad! Now go eat some Kalteen bars and prank call Aaron Samuels. 

No comments