Life Lately

A little life lately post!
We have mostly been chilling lately, enjoying all that fall has to offer.  I am on my last week of maternity leave so I am trying to soak up ALL of the baby time that I can before heading back to work.
The other weekend, our town had a Fall Fest for kids. It was like 75 degrees in the morning and dropped to 57 and rainy by the time we got there! Needless to say, mine were SUPER under dressed. #whoops
 A few days later... shorts and tanks! This fall weather can be crazy...but today I officially packed away all shorts and swim suits. I think by October 15, we can safely say the warm weather is gone for good.
This girl is 7 weeks old! She's finally starting to smile all the time and be awake and alert alot more. Just waiting to hear those sweet baby coos! AND the past 2 nights, she has only woken up ONCE. I feel like I have slept so amazingly! 
This week, Dan and I celebrated 6 years married. We always go to the apple orchard on our anniversary.Time flies!! I can't even BELIEVE how different our lives have become. That's what 3 kids + lots of adulting will do to a couple. We are officially done baby making... so hopefully time will slow down just a little bit for us and we can just enjoy our little people.



Saw this the other day and it is ACCURATE! 
I made this fun mix yesterday for the kids* (*aka, myself). I love making festive treats and it's just so much more exciting when you have littles who share that excitement! It's SUPER easy...
-Rice Chex
-Candy Corn
-Pretzels
-Simply Salted Popcorn
-Halloween Sprinkles
-White Chocolate Chips
First, I pulled out which container I wanted to store this in. With mixes like this, it is SO easy for me to make wayyy too much. So I just poured the different ingredients in and filled my container just to control how much I was making. 
Then, I took about a half cup of white chocolate chips and melted them in the microwave. White chocolate burns SUPER easy, so I just did 30 second increments. After about 60 seconds of microwaving, I added just a splash of vegetable oil...this loosens the chocolate up so it's pourable (otherwise it may feel too thick).
I poured it over the mix, which was on wax paper, gave it a little toss and let it cool. 
We are WELL into this treat today (having some now as I blog)! 
Well, now I am off to just take in every last second of my, basically, 19 weeks off of work (I went in for about a week and a half before Lennon decided to show up). 
Happy Monday! 

No comments